Wednesday 5 August 2015

Dragonflies & Butterfly Card

Another fabulous day - good and busy - just the way I like it!  Funny though, I do find my office job gets in the way of my craft fun.  What's a girl to do!!?? 

This card is a bit of a departure from my 'norm' - I did an overlay of colours and images which is somewhat new to me.  In my craft room, I found a roll of wide metallic ribbon with holes in it...perfect for laying over the paper and sponging on more colour.  At first I thought I ruined the layer because it looked like it had a partial footprint, but with an addition of another colour, voila, all fixed.  I'm good with a bit of trial and error - you just never know where it may lead!

After stamping the various images, I embossed the paper, yup, for a bit more depth. Unlike my card yesterday which had my hand cutting a dragonfly, I used my butterfly punch after I did a subtle two-tone colour on the butterfly. 

I'm really happy with the way this card turned out and will definitely be using the technique again! I may even venture into bolder colours! Gasp!

Here's an answer to a couple more questions:
I'm not a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, although I was a few years ago.
The majority of stamps, paper and ink I use are from Stampin' Up!  Great products!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting.


Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!