Saturday 18 June 2016

Angel of Peace and Love

Welcome to my crafty little world.  I'm still having fun with mixed media - really not a surprise.  It's such a wonderful free form of art.  And yes, I can paint outside the lines. Happy happy!

What I've discovered though, is I really need lots and lots of practice painting faces, shading, and so on.  For this angel, I had kind of messed up her face and eyes big time, so, I completely sanded and started over. Pretty cool, eh!!


I also found I had gone a tad bland with the colours.  Once again, the beauty of mixed media - just add more of whatever makes you happy.  In this case - red, brown, yellow, white, textures.

How cute is the bird?  Love the long tail feathers.  Imagine my delight when I found the Monarch butterfly wing in one of my books!  It makes such a fun little crown!  I've learned so much, and have so much more to learn from Kelly Rae Roberts.  Awesome awesome awesome e-courses!! Yes, awesome times three!

After the paint dried, I added her wings and the rest of the finishing touches.  I  recently received my Stampin' Up! order (yay!), and in the gorgeous stamp set called Weather Together, is the word 'love', and it stamped beautifully onto my canvass.

Her message is powerful and also gentle.

Peace and love

Beautiful

Angel of Peace and Love.

Love!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  As always, I appreciate your comments so be sure to click on the comment link below.


Sand

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!