Wednesday 18 January 2017

Happy Birthday to my Son

It's amazing how quickly 18 years passes.  A big happy birthday to my son Brandon - wow 18. Gosh, 18!!  I'm saying it - - - time flies! ! !  Brandon is super smart with many interests; electricity, stars, satellites, photography (yay).....I won't list all of them.  I do have Brandon's birthday card to share with you, but first...below are a few pics from many years ago.  I didn't get the big okay to post a current pic...oh well.

 

Newborn Brandon with big sister Erin.


Fun in the snow!


It took me a while to come up with a card that would suit my son's personality.  He's not keen on cluttered up cards, as I've discovered after having him provide feedback on pretty much every card I've made.  And here it is - not too flashy, or busy, but with a punch of colour and shine. Not mushy gushy either, although I managed to sneak in some hearts.


I briefly toyed with using Cherry Cobbler or  Basic Black for the base, however Whisper White won out for the base and layer. which I embossed using my Lucky Stars embossing folder.  I used my Happy Heart embossing folder on Cherry Cobbler card stock, then punched it out with my Balloon Bouquet punch. Yup, I snuck in more hearts 💖  This was my first time using my Layering Squares and Large Numbers Framelits, and the first time I used Silver Foil Sheets.  For those sweet little hearts, I used my Owl Builder punch.
Handy tip - when working with white card stock and inks - be sure to check your hands and fingers for ink and before you touch any paper.  I goofed up and managed to get a bit of ink on the layer.  But, a few strategically placed mini  hearts and crisis averted!  What I've found is, little oops often turn into happy accidents. 💗


In this pic, I want to show you how easy it is to add a bit of depth to your cards. I used Dimensionals to pop up the balloon and square.  Love 'em!


Another view.  .
I'm super excited about this card, and this birthday milestone! I tried to give Brandon his card and gift just after midnight (I'm am such a big kid), but he wanted to wait until 'later'.  
Oooookkkaaay, I can wait. 😍  
Gads, the suspense!!


This sentiment & little heart are from the Any Occasion stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration flyer.  I popped up the layer and the Silver Foil balloon using Dimensionals.   I used a retired die to create the layer.



Here's a behind the scenes look at how I photographed this card.  Check out the 'professional' set up...tee hee.  My Ott Light, and four pieces of Whisper White card stock on my work table.  Stay tuned....any day now I'll have another spot in my studio for taking pics.


A few reminders
Sale-a-Bration end March 31, 2017
During Sale-a-Bration, you get a free item of your choice from the flyer for every $60 you spend.
Click on the pic below to view the Sale-a-Bration flyer.
Be sure to contact me soon to order your goodies!



The Occasions catalogue ends May 31, 2017.
You can view this catty by clicking on the pic below.


You are creative!  We can make cards together - I will teach you!


Sand




1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures, gorgeous card!! Happy Birthday, Brandon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!