Friday 28 April 2017

Colourful Seasons Sneak Peek

Are you looking forward to cottage, camping, beach time, or relaxing by the pool? I sure am! This card reminds me of summer, sitting in a beach chair, listening to the waves. If I wasn't dog sitting this weekend, I think I would have gone on a road trip to the beach.

I was fortunate to attend a Stampin' Up! On Stage event, where I was able to view cards featuring products from the new the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue, which I also received - love it! Everyone in attendance got to play with some new products, and place a pre-order.   fell in love with the Colourful Seasons bundle. I'm thankful to Stampin' Up! for creating a set that can be used year-round.  You'll be able to purchase the bundle on June 1.


As a mixed media artist, I look for ways of creating something unique, whether it's for a card, painting or display - one of a kind works for me! I absolutely love the way this card looks - the die cut Muskoka chair, 'just breathe' sentiment and the background. Details on how I achieved the background are below.

 .
To make the background on the Whisper White layer, I picked up colour from the ink pad using my clear block.  To avoid getting an edge image, I swirled the Clear Block on my Grid Paper.  To  get the colour onto the paper, I very lightly touched the paper with the inked block, using a circular motion. I repeated that step until I was happy with the look. Remember - you can always add more colour, but you can't remove it, so go lightly.  


 Pool Party ink pad, Clear Block 'E' and my Grid Paper.


Check out this bundle with it's gorgeous images and sentiments, and all those dies, available June 1.  I'm booking now for class and workshop using this bundle.  Contact me now to set up a date.



I hope you'll stop by again - I'll be featuring more cards using this bundle.


Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!