Thursday 30 November 2017

Sweet Baby Claire

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for my niece.  Baby Claire was born just over a month ago, and she is adorable and I'm not just saying that because I'm her Great Aunt.  What a cutie-pie!

This is one of the few times when I knew exactly what I was going to make as a gift. I know, eh!  It surprised me too! First up, the card.
The Year of Cheer DSP is the most amazing paper!  For this particular sheet, the shiny bling was already there, and all I did was sponge dauber the ink onto the paper. 


I die cut the letters and used Foam Adhesive Strips to the back. No dimensionals this time.
I added a few Glitter Enamel Dots, and that's the card! Simple, quick and pretty darn tootin' cute.

Next up - the gift.  A labour of love. 


To start this project, I painted the wooden letter, then went to a framing shop for a shadow box so I would know how much space I would have around the letter.
I then started cutting the paper, in the case, known as fringing.  I didn't count how many fringed flowers I made.  Jeeps though - if I had I'd probably faint!  LOL
 I use my paper snips from Stampin' Up! Super sharp and they have the best tips of all my scissors.


If by now you're thinking, this gal is crazy, I assure you, I'm not.  When I said it was a labour of love, it truly is for me.  From each tiny flower, to all the finishing touches; creating something beautiful brings me so much joy.


Here's the project in the shadow box.  The pic looks a little off kilter, and that's because I had the hardest time getting a good photo without a reflection on the glass.  

I want to give a shout out to the Framing & Art Centre on Belmont St in Kitchener.  Kris was 100% amazing, helpful and clearly customer service is top of the list for her!


Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

Product List

1 comment:

  1. What a spectacular and thoughtful gift, Sandy! I'm sure it will be treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!