Monday 15 January 2018

Lots of Lavender & a Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Tri-City Stampers 2018 January Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is 'Bright & Cheery' projects using Sale-A-Bration products! At the end of this post you'll see a list of blogs to hop your way through.




For my project, I chose Lots of Lavender stamp set, and the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies. Both are FREE during Sale-A-Bration! Here's my first card...


If I had to describe this card in one word, I would say delicate. I started with a base of Pink Pirouette cardstock, and ran it through my Big Shot using the Petal Pair Embossing Folder, which you'll find on page 23 of the new Occasions catalogue.
Does Pink Pirouette reminds you of the movie Pretty in Pink?  It does for me!


I'm a total rookie when it comes to using Stampin' Blends, but they are so easy to use! Did you know you could almost earn 3 Sale-A-Bration rewards when you purchase the Stampin' Blends? 
The blends I used on this card are Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry. Once coloured, I simply snipped around the image.


There can't ever be enough sparkle for me! I die cut the sentiment 'Celebrate' in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, and also used it for one of the layers under the flowers.  Layering Ovals Framelits are a definite must for any crafter!

Other than using different colours, my second card is identical. Would you agree Pool Party is such a fresh pretty colour?!




I'm lovin' the blues!  The Stampin' blend colours I used are Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight


I'm leaning toward the Pool Party card as my favourite of these two cards. How about you?

I had a so much fun making both cards and am delighted with the Stampin' Blends.  They were dreamy to use!


Thank you for hopping with us!  Our next blog hop will be on Feb 15.
Below are links to hop on over to the next blogs.
Be sure to leave us comments.  They're much appreciated.



Sandy - you are here






Product List

10 comments:

  1. So lovely! I'm leaning towards the pink, though both work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both sooo pretty Sandy! Love this SAB set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both. The design is great to highlight that pretty stamp and your coloring. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!