Tuesday 15 May 2018

Hippity Hop, It's a Blog Hop!

Now that spring is truly here, it brings thoughts of gardens and flowers, warmth and sun!  Let's leave winter behind us!  Which brings me to our Stamping Symphony blog hop!  Each of us are featuring some retiring products that will be gone by the end of the month.

We didn't see much in the way of April showers bringing our May flowers, however they're here, yay, and with that in mind, I've turned the umbrella from the set Weather Together upside-down to be a basket for flowers!


This cheery card starts with a base of Night of Navy, followed up with a Lemon Lime Twist layer.  I embossed a Whisper White layer used the Scattered Sequins Dynamic embossing folder - so pretty! 


Using Lemon Lime Twist ink, I stamped the umbrella image onto Whisper White paper, then fussy cut it.  Next, I stamped the floral image in Night of Navy many times onto Whisper White paper to achieve the look of an overflowing basket. I loosely cut that piece and then adhered it to the card.  I popped up the umbrella with dimensionals, then stamped the sentiment, also from Weather Together, then used my Classic Label punch.



I added just a few flowers to the inside layer, and ta-da - done!


Versatility is my favourite thing about this stamp set! Use the umbrella as is, flip it like I did, or even use it for a sweet baby card, get well card...so many possibilities!  Plus, the sentiments are lovely and will give your cards a very heartfelt touch.  
If you love this stamp set, be sure to order it before it's gone forever!


Shop for retiring products here


Be sure to check out the cards & projects in our blog hop!

1. Leena
2. Sandy (you are here)
3. Barb
4. Jen
5. Steph

4 comments:

  1. Love that colour combo! I will miss this great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I'm going to miss that set too!!

      Delete
  2. That colour combo is fantastic...the Lemon Lime Twist just pops against the navy! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!